Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Just Hanging On

It's been quite a while since the last time I posted, but I've been really busy. Lot's of things going on, but we are still spinning our wheels in one place.

I was reading a blog the other day and the author commented about the price of living and how people were going to start living in extended family units again. I like this idea. I have a sister who has a big old four bedroom house in the country. She works like a dog all week long, gets her paycheck, pays her bills, and is left with about ten dollars to live on for the rest of the week. She's not making it obviously and she is worried about loosing her house. My husband and I, are living in a run down trailer in a park, paying almost as much as we would for a house, and not making it. Because of the drought this year the price of food is going to go up. The price of milk is suppose to double come January. We are barely making it now, how are we going to make it when food prices shoot up? I talked to my sister and we decided it would help us both out if we moved in together. She wouldn't loose her house and we would be able to afford to live. Best part of this? Having more family around, and being in the country!!! If we paid her as much rent as we pay now, that would loosen things up for her so she would have some money left over and we wouldn't be spending extra money on utilities and I could have a garden to help with all our food costs. My husband and I could get our credit cleaned up and save for a place of our own.

The only problem is we now have a problem with the custody of his child from a previous relationship. The kids mother pretty much let her run her own life and CPS has stepped in and taken custody. I don't understand this because my husband has never been proven as an unfit parent, but yet CPS has placed the child with the maternal grandparents. We cannot move in with my sister until the whole CPS thing is over with or my husband will forfeit any chance of getting custody of his daughter, because my sister lives in another state. God only knows when CPS will decide to give up custody. In the meantime we are stuck on the very edge of survival with no viable alternatives!

We were hoping to move come income tax time which is in February. That's only a couple months away and I don't think CPS is going to give up custody by that time! Once they are in your life, they don't like to leave. I'm so upset, the anxiety of the situation is really getting to me! I am a person who likes to plan, but I cannot make any plans because we really don't know what is going to happen with all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment